Why Become a Member of S.A.R.P.?
SARP’s professional network serves as a vibrant resource to:
Make A Bigger Impact in Your Job
Tap into thousands of years of collective experience of your peers for new ideas, fresh insights, and problem solving assistance.
Find the Hidden Job Market
Looking for the next step in your career? Networking online and face-to-face will help you uncover the hidden job market for communication professionals.
Enhance Your Skills
Make a bigger impact in your job. SARP offers a number of professional development opportunities to enhance your skills. We’ll provide you with information and training to guide you through countless professional situations and challenges. Professional development sessions include conferences, webinars and other educational opportunities on a wide variety of topics.
Obtain Funding for Education and Professional Development
SARP provides funding for members through education assistance grants, professional development grants and bursaries for students.
Show Support for Your Profession
SARP supports Recreation Professionals in Saskatchewan by partnering with post-secondary institutions, government and other organizations, to ensure recreation remains a priority, and to solicit their support in our promotion efforts. We support the development of professional standards in the province and promoting service excellence in the field.
Become a Champion for the Recreation Profession in Saskatchewan
Volunteer with SARP! There are many ways to volunteer – contact us to find out more!
More Reasons to Join S.A.R.P.
- Opportunities for professional development networking, socials and member input sessions.
- Our website, newsletter, and regular email updates will keep you informed of job postings and current topics affecting our profession.
- Volunteer with S.A.R.P.! There are many opportunities for professional and personal growth by participating in the work of the Association.
- Enjoy reduced rates for S.A.R.P. sponsored professional development opportunities which are offered throughout the year, and reduced membership rates for the Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association for Therapeutic Recreation Professionals.
- Vote on Constitutional matters at Annual General Meetings and serving on the S.A.R.P. Board of Directors. (Professional members only)
- Receive a Code of Ethics and Membership Certificates’ (with annual membership seals), suitable for framing.
- You may be eligible to apply for the Roy Ellis Bursary.
- You may also be eligible to make nominations for and receive annual awards.
- Your membership fees may be tax deductible. (Consult your accountant)
- Enjoy access to our professional resources including research papers, job descriptions, professional competencies and project reports.
S.A.R.P. Membership Categories
Any individual employed in the recreation field or in a related field within Saskatchewan and has graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution with a Diploma or higher in the area of Recreation.
Annual Membership Fee: $135
Any individual working and/or enrolled in post-secondary in the recreation field within Saskatchewan who ascribes to the goals of the Association but is not eligible for Professional membership.
Annual Membership Fee: $85
Available to individuals who hasbeen Professional Member with the Association, but no longer work in the field and would like to maintain contact with the Association and field.
Annual Membership Fee: $50